Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Deja Vu

Is deja vu life's way of telling you you're exactly where you are supposed to be?  (I'm quoting the latest episode of "Lost.")  You know that unsettling little event when you know without a doubt what is going to happen or what someone is going to say (including yourself) a split second before it happens.  You get that  momentary disorientation, then a real spine shiver if you dwell on it. 

A Buddhist might revise the above definition to "you're exactly where you keep ending up because you  haven't learned to move on."  As for myself, I appreciate the concept of grace.  I don't really want to depend wholly on myself to figure out this universe or base my chance at nirvana (or heaven) on how well I do alone.  

I have had so many instances of deja vu in my life, that I can't help but have my own theory.  I think it is a little nudge, whether it be from within yourself or from a beneficent outside source telling you to wake up!  Look around at what is happening RIGHT NOW with your life.  It's important!  Whether you need to actually do something different in the next five minutes or you need to just be more aware of the moment, is something a person has to determine for oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment