Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Oregon Overview

So long I have not posted - please forgive the gap.  We relocated from Singapore to California in the spring, then I spent the entire summer fixing up the house & yard, only to relocate to Oregon in the fall!  But it's a beautiful time to be in Oregon, and despite the drastic change in wardrobe due to the weather, I've been enjoying the colors and sights of our new "home" base.  I took this photo only a couple blocks from our apartment, right next to the MAX, which is the local light-rail system.  We love this area due to its locale - across a field from the train station and less than 3 miles to Randy's office.  Also, this is the first time we have lived in a planned development area, where apartments are cheek-and-jowl with retail and professional businesses.  It makes for an exciting place to be, within walking distance of all the necessaries and with the MAX, easy access to downtown Portland and even the airport (PDX).  We have enjoyed dinner at the local Indian restaurant (southern Indian) and lunch at the corner bar & grill.  I walk to the grocery, which focuses on organic and natural foods, and even found both a chiropractor and massage therapist nearby.  To give you an idea of how great this works, I just filled up my gas tank for the first time since arriving here, an entire month ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment